Bulgaria (2009-2010): Implementation of economic instruments acccording to the Directive 2000/60/EC
Implementation of economic instruments acccording to the Directive 2000/60/EC
March 2009 - October 2010
BENEFICIARY: Ministry for the Environment and Water, Bulgaria
FUNDING: European Commission
The management of this Twinning BG07/IB-EN-01 was entrusted to International Office for Water.
The goals of activities were to introduce appropriate economic instruments, to implement the appropriate water pricing policies in the water management sector and to improve the level knowledge of the water administration in order to fulfil obligations of the WFD. Seven components were covered by the project activities implemented by IOWater :
1-Analysis and assessment of the Administrative Capacity of the Water Directorate of the Ministry of Environment and Water and the four river basin Directorates for the implementation of economic instruments /mechanisms for the purpose of water management.
2-Developing supplementary measures as part of the Programs of measures
3-Capacity building, supporting tools and methods for developing a cost-effective programme of measures
4-Training the staff of the Water Directorate of the Ministry of Environment and Water and the four River Basin Directorates for better understanding and implementation of the principle for cost-recovery for water services.
5-Elaboration of guidelines and/or instructions on the presented and feasible economic instruments, methods and tools supporting the preparation of River Basin Management Plan.
6-Workshops and seminars for the dissemination of the basic knowledge on economic instruments/mechanism/ for the whole staff of the water management authorities in Bulgaria.
7-Development of an information system
Basin management plans and WFD implementation,
Measures of water management,
Economical analysis, financing, pricing policies and tools,
Permitting and related fees,
Institutions, capacity building and training,
Water information system
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
In the same section
- Countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus of Central Asia: (...)
- Poland (1999-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Bulgaria (1999-2001): Water component of Twinning (...)
- Romania (1999-2001): Twinning agreement in the water (...)
- Estonia (1999-2001): River Basin Management
- Slovenia (2000-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Hungary (2000-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Czech Rep. (2001-2002): Implementation of the Nitrates (...)
- Romania (2001-2003): Environmental cost evaluation and (...)
- Bulgaria (2001-2002): Creation of basin organisation
- Czech Republic (2002-2004): Support to the implementation
- Bulgaria (2002-2003): Transposition of the Directives (...)
- Hungary (2002-2004): Support to the Implementation of (...)
- Slovenia (2002-2003): Introduction and assistance in (...)
- Estonia (2003-2005): Implementation of EU Directives