Volta Basin Authority (VBA)
Vers un Plan Directeur et une Charte de l’Eau
Publié : Mars 2015
Towards a Master Plan and a Water Charter
Started in 2012, the Volta Basin Authority (VBA) Capacity Building Project for the implementation of priority actions of the 2010-2014 Strategic Plan was completed in 2015.
It received support from the Water Facility of the European Union, the French Development Agency, the Seine-Normandy and Adour-Garonne Water Agencies.
In April 2015, members of the VBA Committee of Experts and Executive Directorate undertook a working visit to France. The delegation got acquainted with the activities of the Canal de Provence Company (SCP), the National Space Center (CNES), the Coteaux de Gascogne Development Company (CACG), and IOWater’s National Water Training Center (NWTC) and National Water Information and Documentation Center (CNIDE) in Limoges.
A study was made of the future Water Charter to prepare arguments for the future stakeholders.
An information leaflet was developed and a closing workshop was organized by VBA and INBO in Ouagadougou in April 2015. It gathered representatives of VBA countries and Executive Directorate, and of its partners. The workshop allowed discussing the preparation of the Water Charter and Master Plan, two major products that VBA will develop in the coming years.
The Volta Basin Authority (VBA) has received funding from the African Water Facility, hosted by the African Development Bank, and support from the International Union for Conservation of Nature / Swedish International Development Agency (IUCN / SIDA) through the implementation of the Volta HYCOS Project.
This support includes a training component made of five modules :
- Use of satellite data for IWRM,
- Gauging with Acoustic Doppler Current Prolfiler (ADCP) and reel,
- Data management by Hydromet software,
- Hydrological modeling and flood forecasting
- Installation and Management of Data Collection Platforms.
These training courses were organized at the AGRHYMET Regional Center in Niamey, between March and April 2015 by the group AGRHYMET / CNR (National Company of the Rhone) / IOWater, supported by the know-how of the IRD and independent consultants.
A total of 53 participants from the six Member States and VBA Executive Secretariat were trained using some appropriate educational materials.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW