Visit of the Ivorian Minister for Water and Forestry
The interviews of the Ivorian delegation with the Office were an opportunity for the Minister to underline the willingness of the governmental Authorities of his country to be part of a partnership and of a powerful exchange network of international cooperation to develop the organization and capacity for water management and introduce measures to protect this natural resource.
He wished to promote a technical partnership and mutual collaboration in order to fully use all available expertise.
Among the key points, leading to collaborations in which IOWater could provide support were discussed including : the preservation and integrated management of water resources, development of water uses, capabilities for operation and governance, professional training, quality and quantity monitoring of the resources that were once very abundant in Côte d’Ivoire, but are currently experiencing a severe decline due to changes in natural balance caused by deforestation, agricultural development and urbanization resulting from rapid population growth.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW