Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / The National Agency for Radioactive Waste Management (ANDRA) Preliminary (...)
The National Agency for Radioactive Waste Management (ANDRA) Preliminary study for the emptying and cleaning of two storm water basins
Publié : Mars 2015
The National Agency for Radioactive Waste Management (ANDRA) has, in its Haute-Marne Meuse Center, an underground laboratory that allows the in situ study of the clay layer.
The Laboratory site consists of surface facilities (administrative buildings, workshops, laboratories and public reception building) over an area of about 17 hectares, and underground facilities located directly in the clay layer.
Waste water, storm water and drilling water are collected and directed to a dual-purpose retention basin.
The monthly analyses performed at the outlet of the site and in these basins showed an increase in nitrogenous and phosphorous organic loads, a significant growth of algae and the presence of fine suspended particles
After a bathymetric survey, ANDRA decided to empty and clean these basins in operation since 2001.
Upon ANDRA’s request and after integrating various constraints, IOWater :
- Proposed the best techniques to use for the emptying, cleaning, drying of the extracted sludge and its removal (loading, transport and possible outlets) ;
- Described the developments to be made in the facilities that were proven necessary for the success of the operation ;
- Performed a timing of the operation with a provisional schedule ;
- Estimated the costs per operator station ;
- Completed the review of regulatory requirements and administrative procedures needed to start such an operation ;
- Proposed management rules and additional equipment to improve the water quality at the outlet of these basins after emptying.
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [Español]
Dans la même rubrique
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW
- Palestine : Palestinian Water Authority (PWA)