Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / Technical support to drinking water production - Intermunicipal Syndicate (...)
Technical support to drinking water production - Intermunicipal Syndicate for Drinking Water Supply
Publié : Mars 2015
For over 20 years, the International Office for Water (IOWater) has carried out many audits for local authorities and industry to enable them to better manage their facilities.
In 2015, the Intermunicipal Syndicate for Drinking Water Supply (SIAEP) at La Sauniere asked IOWater to carry out an assessment of the operation of the Beaumont plant which was rehabilitated in 2009.
The raw surface water feeding this plant contains a high load of organic matter from soil leaching and also iron and cyanobacteria.
Recurring excesses of Total Organic Carbon (TOC - organic matter) are observed in the treated water analyses carried out by the Regional Health Agency (ARS) at the plant outlet.
After tests carried out on site, several recommendations were made, including the need for optimization of the plant automation to reduce water losses.
Some small investments were also suggested and many operating advices were given.
These recommendations should allow for reagent savings and significantly reduce water losses and therefore substantially reduce operating cost.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW