Peru : National Water Authority (ANA)
Publié : Mars 2015
In recent years, the National Water Authority (ANA) has developed an ambitious river basin management policy, supported since late 2012 by a new method for calculating fees for water use and wastewater discharge.
As part of a project funded by the World Bank and then by the Artois-Picardy Water Agency, IOWater advised “ANA” for the implementation of these financial mechanisms.
Thus, pragmatic elements were proposed for the implementation of the user-pays and polluter-pays principles : How to calculate fees ("economic fees") ? What economic basis to justify them to future taxpayers ?
The amounts levied at national level thus increased by over 100% between 2012 and 2014.
However this method for calculating fees remains perfectible and should be extended to a wider range of uses. Especially, adjustments are now needed to answer the following questions : What destination for the levied amounts ? In which financial circuits and what are the eligibility criteria ?
For such a purpose IOWater will provide in 2016, with support from the Artois Picardy Water Agency, assistance to “ANA” for answering these new questions.
Dans la même rubrique
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- Best wishes for 2016 !
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW