OECD Initiative on water governance
Publié : Mars 2013
The OECD Initiative on Water Governance gathers representatives of national Governments, regional, local and basin Authorities, the private sector, NGOs, service providers, regulators, international organizations, donors and independent experts.
In total, 25 countries are involved.
The Initiative was developed in partnership with Suez Environment, ASTEE, the International Network of Basin Organizations, the International Office for Water, UNESCO, the Water Integrity Network, Stockholm International Water Institute and Transparency International which facilitate various working Groups.
Several institutions emphasized the lack of information on relevant case studies, best practices and expertise, which often hinders decision makers in the water sector and prevent the effective implementation of appropriate policies.
Participants mentioned the need to share knowledge, encourage peer-learning and allow benchmarking.
It is particularly important to involve stakeholders coming from outside the water community : the Initiative associates representatives from the energy and agricultural sectors, Parliamentarians and Elected Officials, media, consumer associations, trade unions, private companies and the civil society.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW