Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / Niger Basin Authority (NBA) : Flood control in the Niger Basin
Niger Basin Authority (NBA) : Flood control in the Niger Basin
Publié : Mars 2015
The project for support to the Niger Basin Authority (NBA) by the German International Cooperation Agency for Development (GIZ) on flood control ends in early 2016.
The Deltares / UNESCO-IHE / IOWater group, in charge of the project implementation, has carried out :
- Mapping of flood risk in the basin and in pilot zones (Niamey in Niger and Malanville in Benin) ;
- Development of a flood forecasting model ;
- Improvement of hydrological data management (Niger HYCOS) ;
- Improvement of the warning system.
Training courses are also provided by the group to strengthen the abilities of the NBA teams.
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
Dans la même rubrique
- Best wishes for 2017 !
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW