Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / Mekong River Commission - MRC Study visit of the Mekong River Commission to (...)
Mekong River Commission - MRC Study visit of the Mekong River Commission to France and Germany
Publié : Février 2012
As part of the cooperation agreement between the French Development Agency and the Mekong River Commission (MRC), a study visit was organized in late October in France and Germany, with support from the International Office for Water.
This visit, which took place as part of the Information and Knowledge Management Program in the field of Hydrology (IKMP-Hydrology), gathered representatives of the MRC and of each of its member countries (Cambodia-Laos-Thailand-Vietnam).
The main topics were the acquisition, processing and use of hydro-meteorological data and their use in the context of Good Basin Governance and for better management of flood risk in particular.
To better meet these issues, exchanges with the following institutions were organized :
* General Directorate for Risk Prevention and SCHAPI, MEDDTL, Paris,
* International Office for Water, Paris,
* Météo-France, Paris,
* International Commission for the Protection of the Rhine, Koblenz,
* Global Runoff Data Center, Federal Institute of Hydrology, Koblenz,
* Rhine-Maas Water Agency, Metz,
* National Rhone Company (Compagnie Nationale du Rhône) in Lyons,
* and field trip in the Rhone Valley.
Given the intensity of the recent rainy seasons in the Mekong River Basin, the concern for better protection against such flooding is extremely active in the interested countries. A concerted policy of the different countries in this field and coordination at the Mekong River Basin level are to be quickly established.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW