Materials in contact with drinking water
Study for the Directorate-General for Environment
Publié : Mars 2015
The Drinking Water Directive (98/83/EC) requires from Member States that they take the necessary steps to ensure that materials in contact with drinking water (pipes, fittings, etc.) cannot cause pollution or contamination of the supplied water.
The 28 Member States use, however, different practices.
The European Commission wants to better understand the materials used by the Member States, their practices for the approval of new materials, their standards and their possible compatibility.
In cooperation with Umweltbundesamt GmbH (Austria), WRc (England), Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia (Slovenia) and KWR (Germany), IOWater is participating in this study by drafting a handbook on the use of materials for the public and professionals in the sector.
Dans la même rubrique
- Best wishes for 2017 !
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW