Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / Lake Chad Basin Commission : Implementation of the Water Charter
Lake Chad Basin Commission : Implementation of the Water Charter
Publié : Mars 2015
The Water Charter of Lake Chad Basin was adopted in N’djamena on 30 April 2012 by the 14th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Member States of Lake Chad Basin Commission.
The Charter comprises one hundred articles and is supplemented by five appendices :
To ensure the operability of the Charter, the International Office for Water, with funds from the French Fund for Global Environment (FFEM), has provided support to facilitate national workshops for the ratification of the Charter, for the drafting of new Terms of Reference of new annexes and exchanges with other Basin Organizations in the region.
A sub-regional workshop to share experiences on transboundary water management was held in Yaoundé (Cameroon), on 25 and 26 March 2015. This meeting allowed exchanges, including on obstacles to the implementation of the Water Charters of the Senegal, Niger and Chad Basins.
A new Annex, on updating the missions, the responsibilities and functioning of the Lake Chad Basin Commission’s bodies, is also being drafted with the support of two regional legal advisers.
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW