Kyrgyzstan / Kazakhstan : Chu Transboundary Basin
Publié : Mars 2015
As a member of the iMoMo (Innovative Monitoring and Modeling) consortium, IOWater has, since 2014, collaborated in the Swiss Cooperation (SDC) funded activities to strengthen water data production and management in the Chu Basin in Central Asia.
The ongoing project includes three main components :
- Monitoring and processing of data by Irrigator Associations ;
- Enhancing data, produced by various national and local institutions, on the status of water resources and on water abstractions for irrigation ;
- Modeling for improving water availability forecasts based on a remote-sensing analysis of the snow cover.
The specific actions of the IOWater-led component allowed moving towards a situation where the public and the partners can now consult online data on the status of water resources and abstractions, that are regularly made available by 5 national and local institutions of both countries, this through :
- Web mapping with location of monitoring stations and access to data visualization diagrams,
- Interactive diagrams easily available on tablet computer, including to decision-makers, with automatic calculation of balance sheets or comparative analyses at key points ;
- Modules for downloading datasets for data producing partners alone.
A first quarterly newsletter, summarizing the status of resources and abstractions for the April-June 2015 period, was produced and validated during the last meeting of the Chu / Talas Transboundary Commission that congratulated the project partners and thanked the SDC for its support.
Dans la même rubrique
- Best wishes for 2017 !
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW