INBO around the world
Publié : Février 2012
* Brazil : National Forum of Basin Committees
29 to 31 August 2011, Rio de Janeiro
In Brazil this year, the REBOB (Brazilian Network of Basin Organizations) and the National Forum of Basin Committees (COB) organized, from 29 to 31 August 2011 in Rio de Janeiro, a preparatory event for their National General Assembly 2011, the topic of which was water management in metropolitan areas.
Each year, the National Meeting of the Basin Committees (ENCOB) gathers, on the average, 1,500 participants from all sectors of Brazilian water resources management.
The various lecturers in the Rio meeting spoke about their local experiences, as so many solutions that can be reproduced while taking into account the diversity of the Brazilian basins.
Mr. Jean-François Donzier, General Manager of IOWater, presented the organization of Water Management in the Paris region in France.
* 7th Ministerial Conference on "Environment for Europe"
21-23 September 2011 - Astana – Kazakhstan
From 21 to 23 September 2011, the 7th Ministerial Conference on "Environment for Europe" gathered in Astana (Kazakhstan) delegations of 53 countries from the whole Pan-European region.
The Conference focused on the challenges of the protection of water and water ecosystems and on the transition to a green economy.
It was organized by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and the Government of Kazakhstan.
The main agreements obtained dealt with :
* Improvement of environmental protection and promotion of sustainable development in the UNECE region ;
* Importance of the participation of the civil society, women and non governmental organizations in decision making to improve the environment ;
* Cross-sectoral cooperation within dialogues at the national level ;
* Additional financial resources needed to improve the water sector ;
* The ongoing environmental assessment process and the Shared Environmental Information System (SEIS) ;
* Energy efficiency as one of the most effective ways to address climate change and the transition to a green economy ;
* Contribution of Regional Centers for the Environment in promoting the green economy and better environmental governance.
Countries are encouraged to ratify, if not already done, the Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes.
The preparatory process of the 6th World Water Forum for Europe region was presented on this occasion by the Regional Coordinator, Mr. Jean-François Donzier, General Manager of IOWater.
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW