Haiti : IOWater technical support is continuing
Publié : Mars 2015
In 2015, IOWater continued the sector’s training to ensure the dissemination and application of the good practices given in the National Technical Reference Frame developed and implemented in 2013 and 2014.
The years 2015 and 2016 are crucial for the training of the sector in Haiti with the announcement by AFD of its support to the National Vocational Training Institute in Port au Prince.
In 2015, IOWater also intervened, with funds provided by the Inter-American Development Bank, for assessing the current situation and drafting a 5-year Strategic Sector Plan (SSP) to guide and organize the actions of DINEPA and of its decentralized services.
Many NGOs continue their "Water Sanitation And Hygiene" (WASH) programs in underprivileged neighborhoods of Port au Prince.
In the Desprez district, where access to sanitation is very low, OXFAM and GRET have entrusted a study to the Haitian Association CRESFED to assess the behavior of people towards waste and excreta, in which IOWater participated.
This study should allow the drafting of sanitation programs better suited to uses.
Dans la même rubrique
- Best wishes for 2017 !
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW