Accueil du site / Our projects : news and (...) / “CICOS” Cartography of partners of the International Congo-Ubangi-Sangha (...)
“CICOS” Cartography of partners of the International Congo-Ubangi-Sangha Basin Commission
Publié : Mars 2015
The International Congo-Ubangi-Sangha Basin Commission (CICOS) was established in 1999 by Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Gabon and Angola joined the institution later.
“CICOS” mandate is to promote inland waterway transport and develop water resources in the basin. The implementation of projects and programs of “CICOS” and of its Member States is supported by various technical and financial partners.
To enhance the effectiveness of this support, a profile analysis of the partners operating in the sectors of inland navigation and water management was carried out at national and regional levels.
This study, financed by German Cooperation (GIZ) and entrusted to IOWater, combined a literature review, interviews with partners in each country and field investigations.
IOWater developed a comprehensive list of partners indicating their position in relation to “CICOS” and the nature of the projects implemented.
Based on the major trends thus observed, a number of recommendations to “CICOS” for mobilizing funding was established.
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW