Capacity building for better water management
In 2013, about 6,000 trainees attended the training courses proposed by the French National Water Training Center (NWTC) of the International Office for Water.
In its two centers in the towns of Limoges and La Souterraine, the NWTC thus trains every year professionals in water, waste and environment, anxious to perfect their knowledge and technical skills on the unique IOWater educational units.
Every year, it also trains some 2,000 professionals directly on their workplace. In this context, training may be complemented by an audit of the installations and technical support.
Thus, field practitioners, technicians and engineers, heads of services, elected officials, etc, all of them involved in the organization and good operation of facilities and services, find at the NWTC all the training courses useful and essential to the good control and evolution of their work or position.
In addition to its usual training offer, proposed in the “Water” catalogue, the NWTC has developed three specific catalogues since several years :
- The ”Waste, Environment, Sustainable Development” catalogue ;
- The ”Water in the industry” catalogue ;
- The ”Water - Irrigation - Agriculture” catalogue.
The NWTC’s professional trainers, supplemented by the best experts as lecturers, design and develop training programs based on existing case studies and putting the students in real working situation on educational facilities, reproducing working conditions, which are unique in France and Europe.
Participants thus benefit from their training which can be measured with tools to assess the knowledge acquired.
In order to help the professionals in their evolution process and/or career adaptation, the NWTC conceived training programs on “Jobs”. Being a combination of selected training courses, these programs gather the knowledge and skills essential to the corresponding job. Evaluated by a jury of professionals, the participants in some of these courses obtain a ”qualification”.
The NWTC is certified ISO 9001, Version 2008.
Voir en ligne : http://www.oieau.org/cnfme/
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW