Technical cooperation between the Loire-Brittany Water Agency and the Piracicaba-Capivari Jundiaí Basin Organization (PCJ) Brazil
The legal and institutional framework of the Law 9.433 of January 1997 on integrated water resources management in
The Brazilian institutional framework is comparable in many ways to that of the European Union.
As part of the financing of decentralized cooperation, the French Loire-Brittany Water Agency started a project alongside the PCJ -
* Comparison of the Brazilian Water Resources Management System with WFD
The European Water Framework Directive (WFD) of 2000 is interesting the Brazilian experts, since it implements a process of articulation between different levels of jurisdiction, echoing the difficulties faced in applying the Law of
* Water resources planning
The experts involved will produce a comparative assessment of practices in both countries and propose changes :
- Brazilian experience : National Plan for Water Resources in 2006, the development of Plans for Water Resources in several federal States, and many Basin Plans in various parts of the country, on very different geographical scales, and with widely varying technical characteristics and levels of participation of water stakeholders or of a wider public.
- French experience : Basin Master Plans (SDAGE and SAGE) and more recently the WFD Management Plans.
* Financing of water resources management
The mobilized experts will produce a comparative assessment of practices, including water taxes and the application of the "polluter-pays" and "user-pays" principles in both countries and propose changes.
The results obtained in this project will be presented in a side event at the 6th World Water Forum of Marseilles in 2012.
Dans la même rubrique
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- Best wishes for 2016 !
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW