Audit of the Haitian Water and Sanitation Information System
IOWater had intervened in
* Having only factual variables coming from the field ;
* Relying on a small number of performance indicators ;
* Drafting procedures for the collection and calculation of indicators that were proposed ;
* Developing a module for the calculation of performance indicators.
It appeared that the progress made since these proposals was to be analyzed. Some proposals could be unnecessary and others had encountered difficulties in their implementation and thus generated a situation detrimental to the planning and decision-making support in the sanitation and drinking water supply sector in
IOWater thus carried out in 2011 an assessment of the National Drinking Water and Sanitation Information System in Haiti to :
* specify the positive or negative trends ;
* give an opinion on the achievements of the various objectives ;
* propose measures to improve or correct the management and operation of the system or to achieve new goals.
A future water training center
As part of a FASEP program driven by AgroParisTech, which carried out the training of water emergency executives in
The study, carried out between April and September 2011, aimed to define the needs for capacity building of the sector but also outlined the technical, governance and financial aspects for the creation of such a center.
Specifically, the EMEA will cover a very important training field with regard to the academic world by training on technical skills with a certificate after a continuing training provided in the form of short courses.
At the end of this feasibility study, sizing principles were given for the center and specific educational facilities were known. Possible financing mechanisms were presented and discussed in order to make the structure sustainable and autonomous in the long term.
The country’s local challenges are among the difficulties of the process. IOWater having been involved in
Dans la même rubrique
- European Commission wins the International Excellence (...)
- Project « UWWT SIIF » : a free tool for European (...)
- Reunion Island : Tereos Indian Ocean
- 13th International Conference "EUROPE-INBO 2015", 21-24 (...)
- New Call for Interest : Assistance for Preparing (...)
- The participation of IOWater at the 7th World Water (...)
- Sultanate of Oman : Training for PAEW